Tape for self-lubricating guide rails has long been manufactured with fluor/SC calibrated tape in PTFE with bronze and metal oxide additives.
Due to the following benefits, fluor/SC etched tape is widely used in machine tools as sliding bearings:
· After surface preparation, easily bonded with suitable adhesives
· Smooth movement and repeatable and accurate positioning due to the optimal coefficient of friction
· Even with varying loads, minimal wear occurs with or without lubrication
· Static and kinetic specific load capacities are high
· Even when shapes are not perfectly complementary, loads are distributed linearly
· It is possible to cancel clearances by preloading the couplings
· Vibration stress resistance and sensitive damping capacity
· In the presence of abrasive contaminants gathered by the tape, it protects the guide rails
· All lubricants and coolants used in machine tools are compatible.